Pallet stackers enable operators to carry out the same activities as standard pedestrian pallet trucks but with the additional capability of stacking and destacking goods at height. These are often used as a smaller, cheaper and more convenient alternative to traditional reach and counterbalance trucks.
The course agenda includes:
- Carry out a pre-use inspection checks
- Battery charging and maintenance
- Basic steering and how walk with the truck correctly
- Advanced steering (chicane, confined areas)
- Safe use of hydraulic controls
- Loading and unloading a vehicle (if required from ground level or loading bay).
- Picking up and depositing a load at ground level
- Use of industrial racking systems
- Use of free standing stacks (if required)
- Stacking and de-stacking at all level from ground to high levels
- Operators practical skills test
Request Free Consultation